Why Choose Luminis Health OB-GYN – Annapolis?
- Our relationship with you as a patient is personal and confidential.
- We have a variety of providers with special interests to suit your needs.
- We have assembled a staff dedicated to helping patients navigate the complex health care process.
- Our goal is to provide the very best in women’s healthcare with professional and courteous service
- Luminis Health OB-GYN – Annapolis is certified by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), through the Safety Certification in Outpatient Excellence (SCOPE) for Women’s Health program. We are very proud of this designation as it represents our ongoing commitment to improving the care we provide to our patients. SCOPE is the first women’s health-focused safety certification program for medical care delivered in an office setting. SCOPE is a voluntary program. Our office chose to participate and was assessed through a detailed application requiring data, submission and an on-site visit. We are proud to inform you that our office met patient safety processes required for SCOPE certification. In addition to recognizing our office’s strong safety practices, the program will help us institute new safety processes, based on our patients’ needs, to ensure that the office continues to operate in line with current patient safety guidelines. Please visit www.scopeforwomenshealth.org to find out more about what being SCOPE certified means.
What does FACOG Mean?
It stands for “Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.” ACOG is the nation’s leading group of professionals providing health care for women. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists:
- Serves as a strong advocate for quality health care for women
- Maintains the highest standards of clinical practice
- Provides continuing education of its members
- Promotes patient education
- Increases awareness among its members and the public of the changing issues facing women’s health care.
What does CNM Mean?
It stands for Certified Nurse-Midwife. The CNMs at Luminis Health OB-GYN – Annapolis are highly skilled healthcare professionals who have received degrees in nursing at the master’s level, and have completed rigorous midwifery certification programs. A CNM is held to the standards of practice set by the American College of Nurse-Midwives, and by the State Licensing organization. Our CNM’s:
- Promote health education and prevention
- Provide preconception counseling
- Order lab work
- Contraceptive management and IUD insertions
- Specialize in prenatal, childbirth and postpartum care
- Provide gynecological services
- Care for peri and post-menopausal women
- Diagnose and treat gynecological problems
What is a Physician Assistant?
A physician assistant working as a clinical provider in an ob-gyn practice provides health care management to women of all ages. The work of PAs in outpatient ob-gyn settings is as diverse as the work of ob-gyn physicians. Just one of the many strengths of a PA is the broad foundation of medical knowledge in primary care. A PA is held to the standard by the NCCPA, (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants), and the state medical board in which they are licensed.
PAs are trained, but not limited, to do the following:
- Conduct gynecological exams and pap smears
- Counseling and patient education
- Perform in-office procedures such as IUD insertions
- Order lab work
- Diagnose and treat both acute and chronic illnesses
- Assessments of incontinence, infertility, osteoporosis and endometriosis
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Family planning and contraceptive management
What is a CRNP?
A nurse practitioner is a registered nurse with advanced education and clinical training in a specific area of healthcare. Nurse practitioners practice under the rules and regulations of the Nurse Practice Ace of the state in which they work, and may also have a national certification in their specialty. They are recognized as expert health care providers. Nurse practitioners can provide the following services:
- Perform gynecological exams
- Diagnose and treat acute gyn related infections
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic studies
- Prescribe medications and other forms of treatment
- Provide prenatal care and family planning services
- Promote preventative healthcare practices
- Collaborate with physicians and other health care professionals
Luminis Health OB-GYN – Annapolis is affiliated with the following hospital: